Out of all my wedding arrangements this was the one we discussed the most!
Not wanting to be the centre of attention my husband didn't care what we danced to as long as it was short, whereas I wanted a tune that meant something, had no suspect lyrics and wouldn't date! We ended up with That's Amore by Dean Martin but having seen a recent blog on Hitched.com there are lots of quirky alternatives . . .
Here's the full list but their blog has more information and links to the songs themselves - happy listening!
- Baby I’m Yours – Arctic Monkeys
- Heart-Shaped Box – Nirvana
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- There is a Light That Never Goes Out – The Smiths
- I Walk the Line – Johnny Cash
- Hey Ya – Obadiah Parker
- Only Love – Ben Howard
- Heroes – David Bowie
- Love on Top – Beyoncé
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- How Deep is Your Love – Calvin Harris ft. The Disciples
- I Was Made for You – She & Him
- Just Like a Star – Corinne Bailey Rae
- Lifeboats – Snow Patrol
- Sway – The Kooks
- Candy – Paolo Nutini
- If There is Something – Roxy Music