We believe the secret to a great event is in the planning. Here are our top tips for making sure your charity event or gala dinner is a sparkling success.
1. Be passionate about the cause you are raising money for, you’ll need this desire to see you through!
2. Be careful to pitch your event to your audience, a high ticket price will exclude some and they may then not be as generous on the night
3. Have a number of different fundraising opportunities on the evening which are varied in price, not everyone feels happy in an auction
4. Utilise a pre-dinner drinks reception to ensure you are fundraising from the ‘kick-off’, a silent auction, treasure hunt, selling raffle tickets will save time later on
5. Ensure your room has the wow factor, it will make your guests feel this is a special night
6. Have a compere to ensure everything runs smoothly
7. Plan a night of good food, wine and entertainment at a great venue this will ensure you sell your tickets, and if guests are having a good time they will donate more money.
8. Provide your guests with a few little treats that will act as mementoes of the evening, use these as the raffle ‘tickets’ so everyone gets one to take home
9. If you are having an auction be careful how many items you have as it takes up time. They should really be ‘money can’t buy items’ move others to a raffle.
10. Offer discounts to people who take a table – friends/ colleagues together will donate more money than a room full of individual couples.
To know more about Charity Events at Castle Green Hotel please contact Nicola Postlethwaite Tel 01539 797004. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We can offer discounted rates and a raffle prize from the Hotel to get you started.