I am extremely proud to be the General Manager at Castle Green having joined the hotel in 2011. I have overall responsibility for the whole hotel which some might think is a big task! However, I’m lucky to have such a fantastic team who make coming to work every day such a pleasure.
I set off working part time at my local golf club at the age of 14 collecting glasses and it was here I discovered my passion for hospitality. I have worked my way up through the ranks over the years and demonstrated that you don’t necessarily need lots of qualifications to carve out a career in this rewarding industry.
At Castle Green we place a strong emphasis on customer service and standards at all times, and to achieve these we are always looking for members of staff who are warm, friendly, and have a welcoming personality. Just incase you don’t know we are Kendal’s only 4 star hotel with 99 bedrooms, 2AA Rosette Greenhouse Restaurant, Alexander’s for traditional ales and bar meals in the grounds, a dedicated conference centre, banqueting facilities for up to 250 guests and Pulse Health and Fitness Club, with gym and swimming pool. We also have a ropes course and air rifle and archery ranges in the woods behind the property for leisure and corporate guests run by Live for Today.
Why Work in the Hospitality / Catering Industry?
- It can be as flexible and unique as you!
- I believe there is a role to suit everyone at Castle Green ranging from careers in food and beverage, to sales and marketing and fitness, maintenance, kitchen…….
- Skills achieved in hospitality are very transferable and can take you around the world, even looking after celebrities and royalty
- You will have the opportunity to progress your career through training, development, and promotion within the hotel
- Flexibility to transfer between departments, as your personal life and aspirations change
- We love to promote from within, a number of managers at the hotel started working for the hotel at operative level and have been promoted to managers of their departments
- Varied hours and shifts ranging from 5 to 40 hours a week to working full time.
- The chance to work part time whilst you are still at school and college to fit around studying, or flexible hours to look after children or elderly relatives, or to fit in with partner’s careers. *
- For those seeking a career in hospitality we have a management trainee scheme to create future leaders
- To join a truly friendly team who all share the passion and desire to be the best at everything we do
- With hard work, passion and commitment the opportunities will come your way!
We look forward to hopefully welcoming you on board